Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Beauteous Bagels

How did you spend your Thanksgiving weekend LadyLinoleum?

Well, I sported a few pies atop my head while darting to and fro about the western reaches of the Los Angeles city limits AND when not driving around while donning pie, I attempted a bit of baking! Oh yes, bagel baking...

Are they not beauteous???

Okay, I admit it. My rings o' dough are probably not the most handsome examples of bagel-dom. However, they're not a bad first attempt and, more importantly, they taste like heaven. Seriously good. Really, my lips shall never touch another store bought bagel again. Okay, not really, but you get my drift.

Inspired? Come on, you know you wanna boil and bake some chewy bagel-y goodness! I know that homemade onion bagels are definitely on my upcoming weekend's slate of baking activities...Yum!!

Recipe source for bagel-y goodness: Fannie Farmer Baking Book

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Your bagels look great! My hubby recently made bagels. So tasty, fresh from the kitchen. YUM!

Ellen Bloom said...

Your bages look great. The closest I've ever had to fresh-baked or homemade bagels was when I was standing at the counter at the Brooklyn Bagel Factory and a batch came fresh outta the oven....yummmmmmmmmmm.

LauraJ said...

They do look great! I haven't made any since I got back from living in England, where (30 years ago) they were very hard to find. I should try it again. What upset me recently was having one in New Jersey and suddenly I knew why I didn't care much one way or the other about the bagels in New Hampshire--they're better closer to NY. So is the pizza. Another reason to visit my daughter.

I have been enjoying your headgear very much.

Treasure Ann said...

The bagels look delicious. Do you have the recipe? I love fresh baked bread.

Michelle said...

mmm bagels w/ a # of cream cheese

*wipes drool off keyboard*

Anonymous said...

I tried bagels few weeks ago and they were...ummm...like little tasteless pucks. Must try yours.

Anonymous said...

I have the book and I followed the recipe. Mine came out horribly, and I'm a great baker.